Gear transmission is one of the most widely used transmissions in automobiles. It has the following main functions:
1. Variable speed: The gear speed can be changed by meshing two different sizes of gears. For example, gearbox gears can reduce or increase the speed of the engine to meet the needs of the car;
2. Torque: Two different sizes of gears mesh, and while changing the speed of the gear, the torque transmitted is also changed. For example, a car gearbox and a final drive in a transaxle can change the torque of the car;
3. Change direction: The driving direction of some car engines is perpendicular to the driving direction of the car, and the direction of power transmission must be changed to drive the car. This device is usually the main reducer and differential of the car.
Related Industry Knowledge
- What are the coupling types?
- Three types of failure modes for rolling bearings
- How to choose the coupling
- What should be considered when selecting materi...
- The birth and application of ball valves
- Car gear classification
- Coupling performance requirements
- The difference between welded flange and flat w...
- The main cause of gear damage
- Bearing fault three identification method
- CNC processing industry has made further breakt...
- Common problems and main causes of CNC machine ...